View on map
Mumbai to Shirdi (1-Day Trip)
- If you are from Aamchi Mumbai, then driving down to Shirdi in your car will be the best option as you can return to Mumbai after the Shirdi Temple darshan at your convenience. The train journey to Shirdi or taking a flight are the other options.
Pune to Shirdi (1-Day Trip)
- Pune is the closest to Shirdi as compared to all other cities. Hence, if you are a family or group of 3 to 5 people it is best to drive down. Takes only 4 hours one way and is a beautiful drive. Redbus and KTCL have a range of Buses going to Shirdi.
Ahmedabad to Shirdi (1-Day Trip)
- The fastest route to reach Shirdi from Ahmedabad takes approximately 13 hours, which is to take a state transport bus or private car from Ahmedabad to Shirdi. The more expensive way to reach Shirdi from Ahmedabad is to take the flight to Nashik and then hire a taxi which costs a total of around 8,000 per person.
TIPS FOR A SAFE SHIRDI TRIP
- If traveling by Train, there are more trains to Kopargaon, Manmad, and Nashik as compared to limited express trains going to Sai Nagar Railway station
- Pune airport(183km) and Aurangabad airport (130km) are nearest to Shirdi Temples
- Lots of local state transport buses and private and share taxis are available in and around Shirdi town and airport
- Book hotel accommodation in advance as peak seasons are very crowded and expensive
- Travel during off-season i.e between May to September if you wish for a peaceful spiritual time at the temples
- Shirdi Temple is most crowded on Thursdays with a heavy rush on festival days like Vijayadashami, New year, Diwali, Ram Navami, and Guru Poornima
- Keep your belongings safe through the trip, especially around the temple area as there could be pick pocketers and thieves
- You can leave your footwear at any of the shops as it is safe